Registration Procedures in Ansonia Public Schools
In an effort to provide efficient service to residents, registration in Ansonia Public Schools will be done via appointment only. In the past, some residents have experienced wait time at the Board offices when several families arrived at the same time to register. Scheduling appointments will allow Board staff to reduce this wait time and efficiently process the necessary paperwork.
Residents wishing to schedule an appointment should do so by contacting the Registrar, Mary Lynn Mott, at 203-736-5095 or [email protected]. Registration forms and more information are available at www.ansonia.org
Current year 2017 - 18 - Click Here For Registration Forms Grade K thru 12. Click Here for PreK Registration Forms.
For Kindergarten registration for the upcoming 2017 - 18 school year, please Click Here.
- Birth certificate with the notarized seal. It may be a copy as long as it has the seal.
- Medical Records/Form-All incoming students must have current
immunizations and compliance verification by school nurse prior to
school entry. Kindergarten students must also have the Health Assessment Form
completed by their physician, as well as all immunizations up to date.
If you are coming from out of state, you need to have a physical in
Connecticut within 30 days of your school entry date. Also, from out of
country, there are certain vaccine requirements.(Please contact
Registration Office for any questions - 203-736-5095, Ext. 1.
- A Required proof of residence includes: A Valid Connecticut drivers license or CT state ID indicating Ansonia Residency on the front of the license and Deed to home/mortgage
statement or current Rental Agreement/HUD rental lease(all family
members should be on lease, (No substitutions) and another additional
proof can be:
- A Utility bill such as UI, ATT, Comcast or Yankee Gas dated within the time frame of registration.
For Special Education students - if registering from another district, a requirement is the most current IEP and or 504 plan.
- For our two Elementary schools for registering: Please note
from the day a registration there is a two day entry date for your child to
begin school. This makes it more welcoming for your child and everyone
is prepared for their first day to start school.
- Middle School Students for registering: Please
note if your student is Regular Ed, there is a two day entry date for
your child to begin school. For Special Ed. students there is a three
day entry date for your child to begin school(in order for more time to
review the IEP and to see where your child best fits to get proper
servicing for his/her educational requirements).
- High School Requirement for registering: The
student's transcript and current report card needs to be provided. Once you have registered
and provided all the documents and forms needed the high school guidance
department will set up an appointment to provide a schedule to meet the
requirements for the high school student.
- Please note: If at any point in time, you move to another address within Ansonia District, you need to show proof of address to your child's school or the registration office. The proof required would be your new lease agreement or mortgage. If you are living with someone the Certificate of Residence would be required. The Certificate of Residence from you would need to get from the Registration Office at 42 Grove Street, Ansonia or if your child is attending PreK AMS Readiness Program, you can get the form from the PreK AMS Office.
- For Special Education students - if registering from another district, a requirement is the most current IEP and/or 504 plan. These document are required in order to register your child and to service them in the correct manner.
If you have any questions, please call 203-736-5095 or email [email protected].